Wall Crack & Pipe Penetration Repair in KS
Warranted Repairs for Leaking Wall Cracks & Pipe Penetrations
Small cracks in foundation walls are common in homes throughout the Western & Central Kansas area. Usually a side effect of the natural curing process of concrete, these cracks usually do not threaten the foundation.
However, even small cracks in a foundation can be a major problem if they leak groundwater into your basement or crawl space.
If you'd like a free crack repair quote for our warranted system, contact us by phone or e-mail today!
Steps to Install the FlexiSpan Wall System
At Kansas Basement & Foundation Repair, we recommend the FlexiSpan Foundation Crack Repair System to repair your leaking wall cracks. It's a patented, warranted repair and a permanent solution. To repair a flooding or leaky wall crack, we follow these five steps:
- Installation of a Drainage System Or Drywell: If you're waterproofing your basement with WaterGuard or other interior drainage system, the FlexiSpan can be integrated with it to direct any potential leaks to your sump pump. Otherwise, a small dry well about 5-10 gallons in size is created at the base of the crack.
- The Polyurethane Sealant: We start by sealing the crack with a high-viscosity polyurethane polymer. This gets deep in the cracks to form a durable, flexible seal.
- Secondary Drainage Strategy: Your polyurethane polymer seal should never fail. If it ever does, 95% of the water should still be stopped from leaking in. To ensure a proper repair, we install a secondary layer of drainage on the basement wall -- one that will direct water to your basement drainage system or dry well.
- Finish the Repair: To keep your foundation walls looking great, we overlay your sealed wall crack with a polyurethane sealant. Light gray in color, it gives the repair a professional, finished appearance.
- Restore the Floor: After the wall crack has been repaired, the concrete floor is restored flush, with no gaps or openings. We pride ourselves on leaving our workplace clean and neat. The end result of the FlexiSpan installation is a professional-looking, top-performing basement wall crack repair that includes a written warranty.
While leaking wall cracks must be fixed before you finish your basement, your finished basement walls will also need to be protected from water vapor that continually passes through concrete.
Stop this moisture by installing a vapor barrier on basement walls before finishing. Many of our vapor barrier systems double as as insulation or as an aesthetic upgrade.
Why FlexiSpan over Injection?
Unlike hydraulic cements and some epoxies, the special polyurethane polymer sealant used for FlexiSpan will never dry out or recrack due to the natural movement of the foundation wall over long periods of time.
Additionally, hydraulic cements, epoxies, and even urethane injections are not able to bend and stretch along with your foundation movement.
As concrete walls expand and shrink slightly through freeze/thaw and wet/dry cycles, the bonds of these materials will fail, leading to recracking or new cracks forming farther on down the wall. As this occurs, the leaking will begin anew.
The FlexiSpan System stays bonded with wall movement, and seals the crack permanently -- warranted! This enables you to count on the basement as dry, usable space, or as space that is ready to be finished into a new living area.
Browse Our Basement Products:
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.